It’s a slushy, sloppy day here in NYC. I have never been so grateful for my Tretorn Skerry Vinter rain boots as I was this morning. What a mess!
As usual, it’s time for some fun with Friend Makin’ Mondays!
Don’t forget to answer these on your own blog and post the link on All the Weigh!
Personal Quirks and Habits
1. Share one unique character trait that sets you apart from your friends.
My patience with other people. Friends constantly comment on it. The thing is, I may give you a gazillion chances, but once you hit gazillion and one we are done and that’s that.
2. List at least two pet peeves that always aggravate you.
People who walk slowly at the bottom or top of the escalator. There are other people behind you! Get out of the way!
People who don’t practice umbrella etiquette on tiny sidewalks. We should all tilt our umbrellas a little bit when passing other people so we don’t ricochet off of each other. Geez.
3. Is there a word or phrase that you say so regularly that people expect to hear it from you?
4. Are you a risk taker, or do you typically play it safe?
I think I mostly play it safe.
5. Describe your life as it was in high school. Are you the same person? Have you changed?
I actually really liked high school. I was a good student, friends with lots of different groups and could move throughout the social sphere pretty easily. I’m more outgoing than I was in high school, and have more actual world experience, but I don’t know that I’ve changed all that much.
6. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done that you’re glad you did?
The first time I ever left the North American continent was on a solo month-long trip to Bosnia, Croatia, and Italy. It was an amazing experience!
The runner-up would be my trip to Indian-controlled Kashmir during a politically intense time. Seeing the magnificence of the place and getting a real sense of all of the issues there was life-changing.
7. Do you ever talk to yourself? If so, share an example.
Oh, all the time! I constantly mutter, “Okay, what’s next?” or “Let’s get this done!” throughout the work day.
8. Share something you did that unexpectedly helped shape your life.
I responded to a message from my now-husband on an online dating site even though it was clear he had very little time available for dating. It took me three days of hemming and hawing, but I finally wrote back to his very sweet message and the rest is (a somewhat bumpy, but triumphant in the end) history!
9. Do you follow a strict routine, or are you a free spirit? Are you somewhere in between?
I’m definitely somewhere in between. I do appreciate routines, but will usually say yes to an unexpected invitation or opportunity.
10. Share something about yourself that you hope will inspire others.
Hmm. This is a tough one. I’m not sure I’m there yet…