It’s time for Friend Makin’ Monday again! I just realized I completely dropped the ball on this last week. Oops!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Questions and Answers
1. Did you watch the Oscars? If so, who did you enjoy seeing most? I didn’t. I haven’t owned a TV for about two years now (I watch shows and movies on my computer after the fact). I did enjoy looking at all the photos and reading the recaps this morning, though. Almost everyone looked amazing. The dresses! The glamour! Swoon!
2. Do you drink meal replacement shakes, smoothies, etc? I used to drink protein shakes made with protein powder, almond milk, and Greek yogurt following my workouts. I felt that they really helped reducing the time needed for muscle recovery and they helped keep me full so I ate less. The only reason I stopped was because I ran out of powder! It is definitely something I plan on starting up again.
3. Share one thing you have done to help someone in the last week? My husband has been fighting a sinus problem the past few days and the medicine he had wasn’t working so I ran out to our drugstore to get him something stronger. Unfortunately, the pharmacy counter was closed so I had to go back in the morning and try again. Does that count? 🙂
4. What is the tastiest thing you ate last week? I baked a delicious salmon dish marinated in hoisin and low-sodium soy sauce. It’s a keeper!
5. Think of one fun thing that you could do this week without spending any money to do it. Curl up on the couch and watch a movie with my husband. So simple and so satisfying.
6. Share one place that you’ve been to and would like to visit again. I’d like to see Montreal again. I went in March a few years back for a conference and I would love to visit when the weather is actually warm.
7. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? I like them both, but Facebook is my preferred way to waste time.
8. What is your favorite vegetable? This is a tough one. I really love so many vegetables. Right now, I’d say brussel sprouts, but I could list many, many more.
9. Share a goal that you have for the month of March. I want to run a 12 minute mile by the end of the month.
10. Share a quote that inspires you.
This being human is a guest house. Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor…Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
Now it’s your turn. Happy Monday!