I can’t believe its April 1st! I guess I need to come up with April goals.
In the meantime, it’s also Friend Makin’ Monday!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Did you have a set bedtime as a child? If so, what was it? I think I did up until 6th or 7th grade. It was probably 8 or 9 depending on my age. Once I hit middle school my bedtime was up to me, but I loved my sleep so it wasn’t an issue.
2. Were you taught to be a member of the “Clean Plate Club?” Did it have affect your eating habits as an adult? Not really. I remember giving my dad any leftovers to eat. We used to call him the “garbage man” because his response to any leftover food was “Well, I’d hate to see it go to waste!” Lucky for him, he had a great metabolism!
3. Share one thing that you were not allowed to do as a child. I remember not being able to ride my bike in the street or to walk across a main street by my house.
4. What is the cheapest gas price you can remember? I remember it being about $.87 when I first started driving. Those were the days!
5. What was your favorite thing on the playground? I loved the swings, the see-saw, and the merry-go-round. So much fun!
6. Share one thing that your parents always made you do that you didn’t like doing. I hated cleaning my room and doing the dishes. Funnily enough, I still hate doing the dishes. My husband hates having dirty dishes in the sink so when we first moved in together he would end up doing my dishes even if he hadn’t dirtied anything. I felt bad, so now I (almost) always wash my dishes right away.
7. Do you remember your first kiss? If so, share the details! I was 14 or 15. I was asked to dance by this guy who was one of the class clowns, but also kind of a bully. I was totally shocked when he leaned in a kissed me! I had thought he didn’t even like me. Nothing happened after that, though.
8. Did you prefer to play inside or outside? I did both. Outside I would ride my bike, roller skate, play on our swing set, or swim in our pool. Inside I read, watched TV, or played Barbies. My favorite activities were definitely reading or playing Barbies.
9. What was your favorite TV show growing up? Oh, there were so many, but I think I liked more adult shows the best: Cheers, Moonlighting, LA Law, and Mad About You. I was kind of weird. 😉
10. Share one awesome childhood memory. All of our weeks spent at either the Jersey shore or the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Beach vacations with one sibling, four cousins, and four friends’ kids were so awesome!
Bonus: Share a picture of yourself as a child. Showing my love of books from an early age And my favorite mode of transportation – my Powder Puff Big Wheel! That street behind me is the one I wasn’t allowed to cross.